We’re back in the ER tonight in Dayton as Lori’s chest pressure increased to the point that she couldn’t breathe if she reclined even just at a small angle. This made sleep nearly impossible, and although we thought she could wait until Monday’s appointments to get it checked out, it became clear that she needed to be in the hospital. This issue had been a growing problem throughout the course of the weekend, and we had already decided to cancel the trip to Indy to see Dr. S. It seemed more pressing to get the chest pressure relieved and that meant seeing the docs in Dayton to get it ordered. Unfortunately, when she had the catheter installed last Friday, they didn’t treat the chest area. I’m not sure how that got overlooked, but it’s causing trouble now.
They are admitting her tonight so she’s ready to have another thoracentesis tomorrow. That means tonight will be kinda miserable. She can’t sleep even slightly reclined for more than a few minutes before she has to sit up in bed to acquire a solid breath.
I have pictures of her X-Rays. The picture on the right is of her lungs on 26 Jan after the fluid was drained (so what the lungs should look like when clear of fluid). The left picture is of her X-Rays from tonight. You can see on tonight’s X-Rays that her right lung (the one on the picture’s left) is heavily surrounded by fluid. It appears white and kind of hazy/cloudy on the image. The doc says it looks like there is more fluid built up now than there was prior to the draining last week. Last week, they drained 1200 cc’s from around the right lung. We’ll see what it is this time. Hopefully they can do this early today.
On the plus side, her platelets were much higher at 70K and her hemoglobin was way up too.